Virtualwind is an architect-friendly Computation Fluid Dynamics simulation tool. In a previous post, I briefly outlined the steps involved in setting up a Virtualwind study. The video below goes through the entire work-flow from start to finish: from cleaning up the geometry in SketchUp to create a watertight model all the way through to visualizing simulation results. I am certainly not using all the features in Virtualwind and there are likely quicker ways to setup the domain and atmospheric conditions…so to those Virtualwind users out there, please let me know what I could be doing better.
- LMN’s Office Renovation 1: Daylighting Strategies
- Do you have a unique skill set to contribute to LMNts?
- Climate Data Trajectories
- Interacting with Climate Data
- ThreeJS Transformations with Grasshopper
- Copying Legends and Schedules in Revit
- Superb Lyrebird
- Grasshopper to D3JS
- Dassault Systemes Customer Story